“Mindfulness is about being fully awake in our lives. It is about perceiving the exquisite vividness of each moment. We feel more alive. We also gain immediate access to our own powerful inner resources for insight, transformation, and healing.”
Created by Jon Kabat-Zinn, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course are 8 weekly classes, with a daylong retreat that will enhance your ability to deal with stresses of life.
Through this group we will learn:
- What is Mindfulness
- Mindfulness and the mind-body connection
- How to practice Mindfulness meditation
- How Mindfulness works with Stress Reduction
- Mindfulness of the body and Yoga
- Deepening your practice
- Mindfulness and communication
- Transforming fear through loving-kindness meditation
- Interpersonal mindfulness and mindfulness with thoughts
- The healthy path of mindful eating, exercise, rest, and connection
This group is run by licensed therapists and will also include aspects of group therapy.
This group includes exercises and meditations from Bob Stahl, Ph.D. and Elisha Goldstein, Ph.D. book entitled A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook (can purchase on site):
A Weekly Group for 8 Sessions starting on
Monday, September 8, 6:30 – 8:00 PM and will include one Saturday.
Group limited to 16 participants
Facilitated by Bacall Hincks, CSW and Janelle Nimer, Ph.D., LCSW
Utah Healing Center
5284 S. Commerce Drive, Suite C-134
Salt Lake City, UT 84107